WELCOME NEWCOMERS TO BELLS MILL!
There are more than 500 children attending BMES, which makes us a large community! Assimilating to a school of our size can be daunting, but the PTA Newcomers Committee is here to help. Our mission is to ease the transition of new families into the school and community. We have a variety of programs for new families including:
- Principal’s Teas with Mrs. O – Our own Bells Mill Principal will host a tea toward the beginning of the school year for all Bells Mill parents. This is an opportunity to learn about school programs from Mrs. O, also to meet other Bells Mill parents. View October and November on our Calendar for dates.
- Room Parent System – Each new family will be put in contact with the room parent(s) of their child/children’s classroom(s). These room parents are friendly contacts, who will be available to answer any and all questions.
- PTA Buddy Family Program – If you are new to Bells Mill and would like to have a “Buddy Family” to show you the ropes (or if you would like to be a “Buddy Family”) contact the Chair of the Newcomers’ Welcome Committee.
We’re happy that you are here!
Getting Started Checklist
1. Contact the Bells Mill ES School Office
Enroll your child or children at Bells Mill. The office will notify the Newcomers Committee of your arrival. However, we also encourage you to also contact the Newcomers Committee directly by sending an email to the Chair of the Newcomers’ Welcome Committee.
2. Get Connected
Use one of the subscription options in the sidebar or visit Stay Informed for more information.
3. Join the PTA
Become a PTA member and start enjoying the benefits.
4. Receive a School Directory
The school directory, which contains class rosters as well as student and parent contact information, is distributed soon after the school year starts. If you are arriving after the start of the year, please Contact Us to receive a copy of the most recent school directory after joining the PTA.
5. Browse our Enrichment Activities
Check out our offerings of enrichment activities before, during and after school.
6. Get Involved
There are many ways you can contribute to the good of our school community. Find out how you can Get Involved and learn more following the links below.