We are thrilled to announce that the annual PTA-Sponsored Bells Mill Scholastic Book Fair is rolling into the school’s media center from Monday, October 9th through Thursday, October 12! This popular and fun event is not a PTA fundraiser. Profits from sales go directly toward purchasing new materials such as media center books or curriculum tool kits for the classroom. Every single student and staff member at our school benefits from our book fair!
Parents, we need many volunteers to run the Book Fair! See http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4fada7292-book to pick a time to help out!
We always get a great selection of books from timeless classics to hot-off-the-press new releases that we can’t wait for you to see and share with your child. Scholastic is offering us a Signature Fair this year with even more books catered to our community of readers! Key details include:
- Book Fair Hours Again this year, we will offer two sessions of evening hours and one pre-school start early morning.
- Monday, 10/9/17 — 10:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. (come after you visit your childâ€™s classroom during the school-wide open house!)
- Tuesday, 10/10/17 — 9:25 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.; and from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.*
- Wednesday, 10/11/17 — 9:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.; and from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.*
- Thursday, 10/12/17 — 9:25 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
*All children must be accompanied by a parent for evening book fair hours. Stay tuned for PTA-sponsored events during evening hours to complement the book fair.
- Student Previews Flyers will come home in backpacks next week. Your child will visit the book fair with his/her class. Each student will have an opportunity to create a personal wish list of items to bring home and review.
- Teacher Wish Lists Our teachers and staff are creating wish lists of books they would like to have in their classrooms. This is a great way to gift your student’s teacher something they need for their classroom. Wish lists boards will be at the book fair. Gift certificates also available.
- Scholastic Book Fair App Visit scholastic.com/apps to download an app to guide you through the Book Fair in terms of reading levels, content and more!
- Volunteer to Help Help us raise readers! Just a few hours of your time is critical to helping us run the Book Fair. Just an hour or two helps so much!