You can become a PTA member, joining nearly 6 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone – parents, educators, students, and other citizens active in our schools and communities – are invited to join our not-for-profit organization.
How to Join the PTA?
Stay tuned for information about joining the PTA for 2019-2020!
Why Join the PTA?
As we’re all well aware, today more than ever, schools are challenged to provide every child with the best education. MCPS is cutting their budget while federal and state requirements are growing. Our school is being challenged to do more with less.
What can you do? More than 30 years of research has proven that children do better when their parents are involved both at home and in school. Grades are higher. Test scores rise. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve.
These are powerful outcomes from your active involvement in your child’s education. You know the benefits and want to make a difference, but how can you be more actively involved? It’s simple: join the BMES Parent Teacher Association today! Our highly active PTA has a place for everyone who wants to be involved in their child’s education. Don’t have time for PTA? Your dues go a long way toward enriching your child’s educational experience at BMES.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what is happening at Bells Mill. Subscribe to our posts and access our website for forms and information about what is happening at school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers programs designed for parents as well as students. Attend our PTA meetings to learn about keeping your child organized and focused at school, how to provide nutritional snacks and lunches, what happens when your child goes to Specials, and many more great topics.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build a rapport and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Watch yourself Grow. By volunteering with our PTA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause – helping our children.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively request changes at our school.
- Help Your Child Succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by three decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at our school you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Our PTA plays an important role in providing needed supplies for our teachers, curriculum-based programs, and social events – all vital to our school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.