Thank you for volunteering your time and energy! We hope you find the experience rewarding and know that our children, teachers and families appreciate and benefit from what you do!
Please record your volunteer hours so the Volunteer Coordinator can submit your hours served to the MCPS Volunteer Data Center. Data reporting is mandatory for all schools and is used by MCPS to assist with resource allocation planning.
The easiest way to record your hours when you volunteer in school is to enter the date and hours in the volunteer binder at the front desk when you sign-in as a visitor and get a Visitor sticker. Alternatively, you may send your dates and hours to the Volunteer Coordinator by email.
Please submit hours by the 10th of the following month. Thank you!
Examples of School Volunteer Services
Direct Student Support
- Guest speaking for classroom presentations
- Judge for science fairs and other competitions
- Classroom assistance – teacher’s help, parties
- Main office assistance – recess help
- Field trip assistance
- After-school programs and clubs – after school classes coordination
- School and PTA website maintenance
- Staff appreciation events
- Serving on boards/committees – PTA, all PTA sponsored activities
- Band and sports events assistance – field day
- At-home projects – preparing classroom materials
- Fundraising events
- Family events – International Night, Club Bells Mill, Bells Mill Bash
More ways to Get Involved
- #26191 (no title)
- 2020 – 2021 Donations Campaign
- Donation History
- My account
- Teachers and Staff! We can’t have a Parent-Teacher Association without you!
- Thank you
- Thank you for your donation to the Bells Mill PTA
- There was a problem!
- About the PTA
- Forms & Documents
- GT Resources
- Support the PTA
- External Community Resources
- Enrichment Activities
- Get Involved