Mon., Nov. 12 Early Release at 1:00 pm, parent conferences by appointment
Tues., Nov. 13 Early Release at 1:00 pm, parent conferences by appointment
Wed., Nov. 14 Report Cards sent home in backpacks
Beginning French, 8:00-9:00 am, rm. 218
Intermediate Spanish, 8:00-9:00 am, rm. 209
Beginning Spanish, 3:30-4:30 pm, rm. 223
Chess, 3:30-4:30, Media Center
Power Hour, 3:30 – 4:30 pm, rm. 163
Gr. 3 Brownies, 3:30-4:30 pm, 128
Gr. 1 Daisies, 3:30-4:30 pm, rm. 149
Art, 3:30-5:00 pm, rm. 163
Bells Mill Day at Zoe’s Kitchen, 11:00 am-9:00 pm
Thur., Nov. 15 Big Learning Engineering, 3:30-4:30, rm. 163
Hip Hop, 3:30-4:30, gym
Beginner Guitar, rm. 148
All School Art Show, 6:00-7:00 pm
Fri., Nov. 16 Odyssey of the Mind, 3:30 pm, rm. 163
Violin, 3:30-4:30 pm, rm. 120
Have a great weekend!
A Look Ahead: Nov. 21 Early Release, 1:00 pm
Nov. 22 & 23 School Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
Nov. 28 Gr. 4/5 Principal’s Tea for Parents, 7:00 pm, APR
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are held on the two early release days, November 12 and 13, 2012. If you have not already done so, please contact your child’s teacher and schedule a conference to discuss your child’s progress. Your involvement in education is critical to your child’s success. Dismissal is at 1:00 pm on both days.
- It’s Bells Mill Day at Zoe’s Kitchen on Wednesday, November 14, 11:00 am-9:00 pm. Come enjoy a healthy, delicious lunch or dinner. Just mention Bells Mill and Zoe’s will donate 20% of the proceeds of your purchase to the PTA.
- The All School Art Show is this week, November 15, 6:00-7:00 pm. Enjoy student artwork, free face painting, and free cider! Each student has a work of art in the show. Thank you, Mrs. Kirby, for planning this event to showcase the creations of our talented students.
- Grade 4 parents recently received a letter informing them that Mrs. Childress, who gave birth to a beautiful daughter in August, has decided to remain on leave for the rest of the school year. We are fortunate that Mr. Fred TenEyck, the long-term substitute, has agreed to stay on with the class until June. We wish Mrs. Childress good luck as she enjoys her new baby, and we welcome Mr. TenEyck as a new addition to the Bells Mill staff.
- Attention parents of students in Mrs. Wilkes’, Mrs. Tabachow’s and Mr. Nocente’s classes, please check backpacks for a permission form for your child to participate in a videotaping by Pearson Publishing Co. It is an honor for our school to represent MCPS in some instructional videos on the implementation of Curriculum 2.0. On November 15 and 16 Pearson will film teachers as they present structured lessons to their classes. Please complete the permission form and return it to the teacher. Students who do not have parental permission will participate in an alternative lesson in another classroom.
- This week Schaeffer Piano Co. in Rockville is holding its annual sale of specially-priced upright and grand pianos to MCPS families. The sale will be on Friday and Saturday, November 16 and 17, 2012. You must call Schaeffer to schedule an appointment, 301-424-1147. No appointment is necessary on Sunday, November 18, when the sale will be open to the general public.
Thank you for being partners in your child’s education.