Why Support the PTA?
The PTA works closely with the school administration and staff to support the school and your children. We would not be able to accomplish our mission without financial and volunteer support from our families and local businesses. In order to help our children and our teachers, the Bells Mill PTA sponsors programs in the following areas:
- Academic Improvement — $6,800Teacher training, books, and materials
- Media center books
- Gifted and talented materials
- Cultural Arts — $6,100Poet/Artist in Residence which includes visits by grade of poets, artists, illustrators, musicians and writers
- Reflections Art awards and assembly
- Two cultural arts assemblies, such as Mad Science, traveling planetarium and children’s author
- Student Affairs — $6,500Indoor and outdoor recess
- Organizers for students
- Fifth grade promotion celebration and patrol picnic
- Odyssey of the Mind and Model UN
- School Events — $4,600Community building events such as Back-to-School Picnic, Skate Night, Bells Mill Bash, Kindergarten popsicle social, Movie Night, Muffins with Mom, Donuts with Dad and Talent Show
- Informational events such as Principal’s Teas, Kindergarten Orientation, Math/Literacy Nights, Geography Bowl, Science Fair, International Night, and Black History Night
- Staff Appreciation — $4,400Staff back to school ice cream social
- Staff lunch for before winter break
- Staff appreciation week in the spring
- Staff gifts for holidays and end of the school year for those not sponsored by room parents
- Administration — $1,600Liability insurance for the PTA
- MCCPTA dinner and training
- Office supplies
- Speakers for PTA meetings
- Website fees
- Other Expenses/Fees — $1,300PayPal and Square fees, bank fees
The PTA also sponsors the following activities but does not earn any funds by doing so:
- Book Fair: The Book Fair raises about $6,500 in scholastic dollars that goes directly to the Media Center.
- FLEX Academies Afterschool Program: The PTA understands that afterschool programs are expensive so we work with FLEX to provide the lowest cost possible. Other area PTAs increase the fees in order to raise funds but Bells Mill ES PTA does not earn any money working with FLEX.
2019 – 2020
Prior Year Financials
Fundraising Survey Results!
The PTA launched a survey in order to get feedback on how informed the Bells Mill ES community felt about what the PTA does and how they spend funds as well as to solicit feedback on how fundraising for the PTA should be done for the 2019-2020 school year. The survey was launched February 14, 2019 and was closed on March 2, 2019. A total of 95 responses were received!
The survey results are available here.