We had a great first general meeting of the 2019-2020 Bells Mill PTA last night! Thanks to all who attended. We had a fantastic, enthusiastic showing from our Bells Mill community. Let’s keep it up!
For those who could not make it, here is a quick recap:
- Devin Donaldson was elected as president, making it official after graciously stepping into that role over the summer to keep the PTA moving forward
- Laurie DeMarco was elected as First Vice President (Fundraising), volunteering to pick up the baton on Devin’s prior position
- Mrs. Floyd, BMES Media Specialist, gave a fantastic (and interactive) presentation on the new coding program run through the media center
- Lauren Zolk, an MCPS teacher/parent who started Increasing Recess Time in Montgomery County Public Schools, MD gave an illuminating presentation on the benefits of incorporating more movement and free play into the school day
- Up to $8,000 in grants were added to the PTA budget to supplement the new reading and math curriculum. Read more about the budget in our Treasurer’s Report.
- Call for volunteers! Several events still need coordinators and/or committee members. The PTA has a sufficient budget to make these events a success, but we need your help to coordinate!
- We ended with a brief discussion on the boundary study being conducted with respect to Montgomery County school boundaries
Draft meeting minutes will be posted to bellsmill.org in the coming days and the school will be sharing information about the resources Mrs. Floyd discussed.
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting on December 3!