Mr. Tom asked us to share this information about field day and the opportunities for parents to get involved! Such a fun day for the school!
Field Day for Head Start/Autism and K- 2nd grade will take place on Thursday, June 1, 2023. Grades 3-5 will have Field Day on Friday, June 2, 2023. Field Day activities will run from 9:45am to 2:30pm. Field Day is a day where students spend part of the day outside participating in a variety of activities with their classmates. In order to make Field Day a successful event, parent volunteers are needed to help run the events.
If you are available to assist with this year’s Field Day events, please select your availability on the eventbrite links below.
- Thursday, June 1st Field Day: Head Start/Autism and K- 2nd grade
- Friday, June 2nd Field Day: 3rd-5th grade
MCPS Required Volunteer Training
- MCPS Parent/Guardian and Community Volunteer Form (click)
- Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training (click)
- Use the link below to go to the MCPS volunteer training information site.
Volunteers will need to check-in with the office and verify completion of the required training before or when they arrive on Field Day.
Youtube link to last year’s field day: BMES Field Day 2022
Thank you ahead of time for any returning volunteers and new volunteers!