The Bells Mill PTA would like to thank the entire school community for making read-a-thon such a success! The students enjoyed two weeks immersed in literacy – from the book quotes on the morning announcements to mid-day DEAR time to nightly videos of bedtime stories on Facebook. The students logged an impressive 250,000 minutes! We hope your students enjoyed the extra emphasis on reading. Thanks to all for making this a wonderful learning opportunity and a successful fundraiser:
- We appreciate the amazing efforts of the Bells Mill staff who partnered with us on this very important effort. Coordinated by Reading Specialist Ms. Abramson, they brought wonderful ideas, support and contributions.
- A special thank you to Laurie Pounder, PTA VP for fundraising for leading this effort for the PTA. We very much appreciate your thoughtful and collaborative approach to launching read-a-thon!
- And a HUGE shout out to the parents and friends of Bells Mill for their support — in addition to showing your children that you value reading, your donations will help us further enrich BMES! Together we raised $10,000 for the PTA!
Here are the results of your amazing efforts!
All Students Reading >200 Minutes – they will receive a certificate
Overall Top Classes for Reading – they will get a pizza party and BMES flashlight pens!
- Rabin — 4th grade
- Hickey — 1st grade
Top Classes for Reading in Other Grades – they will get BMES flashlight pens!
- Eifler & Ms. Hinkle – tie for 5th grade
- Barber — 3rd grade
- Ginsburg – 2nd grade
- Wolfe – Kindergarten
Hallway Decorating Contest
- 3rd grade and will have popsicles with Mrs. O.
Top Fundraising Classes
- Barber – 3rd grade
- Lang – 5th grade
Thank you all again – happy reading!