In times of uncertainty there are lots of ways – big and small – that we can help each other! Check on your neighbors, call a friend, and be kind to each other. Here are some ideas:
- Support local businesses! Over the years so many of the local restaurants have helped us through donations and restaurant nights. Now, they need our support as they face very tough times! Consider placing carry-out, delivery, or curbside delivery from our local restaurants, including Potomac Pizza, California Tortilla, Tally Ho, Baskin Robbins, Gregario’s, Lahinch, Moby Dick, Shake Shack, Carmen’s, and others. Hammer & Stain in Rockville was going to host our DIY workshop. They are offering lots of personalized kits for free home delivery or curbside pickup.
- Say thank you! Our first responders, medical providers, delivery drivers, and retail staff don’t have the option to work from home. When you see someone, say thank you and encourage your kids to do the same. You could even write a thank you note and mail it to a local fire station.
- Help those less fortunate! Drop off a casserole at the Shepherd’s Table in Silver Spring, send a donation from the amazon wishlist to the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless, or drop off a donation outside the Manna Food Center in Gaithersburg.
- Donate blood! There are severe blood shortages due to corona virus as many blood drives have been canceled. Donation centers are accepting appointments – https://www.redcross.org/
- Reach out to us! If you hear of a community need or have a way you think we can help, please reach out to the PTA at email@example.com or email Mrs. O.