On Tuesday we had our third general meeting of the Bells Mill PTA for this school year, and the first in 2020. Thanks to all who attended, and a special thanks to Ms. Abramson, Ms. Goodhand, Ms. Tabachow, and Ms. Bordley for presenting!
For those who could not make it, here is a quick recap:
- We discussed Read-a-Thon, which kicked off on Monday — we are off to a great start with participation and donations!
- Abramson introduced the Benchmark reading curriculum, and Ms. Goodhand, Ms. Tabachow, and Mrs. Bordley taught us “as a class”, to demonstrate the experience of being a kindergartener, third-grader, or fifth-grader in their classroom during a lesson using these reading materials. View short videos from the lessons on the school’s Twitter account:
- We had a call for volunteers for our events – either to help organize or just help out on the day of the event. Thank you to those who signed up or have already volunteered time! Several events still need volunteers to help out, including:
- Talent Show, March 13 and 20
- International Night, April 24
- Science Fair, May 15
- Breakfast events for families in May
- Geography Bowl, June 1
- Bells Mill Bash, June 5
If you can help out on any of these events, please contact Devin or Georgia, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again to all who attended, and we will see you at the next PTA general meeting on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm!